Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Camera Nikon P100

Well it's definitely been a while since my last post. I have made a lot of changes, for the better.

I have a new addition to my family--a stray dog I named Lobo. He's a blond, blue-eyed Husky who was about 8-10 months old when he found us. I say he found us, because about 3 months ago, Meridian and I were finishing up a run on the 76 bike path and he came out of nowhere and joined us. He's been with us ever since. He just recently got neutered and that has helped him calm down quite a bit already.

I also got a new camera. I recently bought a Nikon CoolpixP100 at Costco for $380 (including tax). It is a high quality hybrid point-and-shoot. Below is a review from CNET.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/nikon-coolpix-p100/4505-6501_7-33966421.html


It was between the typical $150-250 range point and shoot cameras and the Digital SLR cameras, which are going for $800-$1400. This camera is loaded with features that will help a novice like me. Eventually, I'd like to get a faster, higher quality DSLR but my wishes are constrained by my pocket book! And really, at this point, it would be like buying a Ferrari when I don't know how to use a stick and I'm driving neighborhood streets.

So far this camera has been a real delight. I am impressed with the wide range of shooting options and the over-all controlability of the camera. Here are a few pictures I've taken.











No comments: